Although ZipRecruiter has seen annual salaries as high as $27,500 and as low as $16,500, the majority of School Cafeteria salaries currently range between $20,500 (25th percentile) and $22,500 (75th percentile), with top earners (90th percentile) making $27,000 annually across the United States. Top earners in the United States make more than $27,000 annually.
What are the duties of a cafeteria worker?
The first order of business for a worker at a cafeteria is always to get the kitchen and the necessary appliances ready for the day’s customers. You would go through the menus for the day, serve food and beverages, keep track of how much food was used, resupply the kitchen supplies, and wash the dishes, pots, and pans that were used during the day.
How much does a lunch lady make in Texas?
In the state of Texas, the hourly rate of pay for a cafeteria worker averages out to be $11.88. 1,800 wages were recorded, with the most recent update being on June 3, 2022.
How much do school cafeteria workers make in Florida?
In the state of Florida, the hourly wage for a cafeteria worker is typically around $12.76. 46 wages were recorded, and the most recent update was on June 27, 2022.
How much do lunch ladies make in Illinois?
In Illinois, an hourly wage of $13.34 is considered to be the norm for workers in cafeterias. 17 wages were recorded, and the most recent update was on May 10, 2022.
What is a cafeteria worker called?
Noun. A lady who is in charge of serving lunch. lunch lady. cafeteria woman.
What’s another name for cafeteria worker?
Employees in the food service industry typically go by a variety of job names, including cafeteria workers, lunch or dinner aids, and cafeteria assistants.
Is it hard being a lunch lady?
It requires a lot of hard work. Working as a lunch lady is a demanding job. Because the majority of the food items are available in industrial amounts, such as gigantic cans of vegetables and fruits or massive bags of mixes, it is necessary to be in relatively excellent physical condition in order to prepare a supper for a couple hundred pupils.
How much do NYC school lunch ladies make?
The Average Annual Wage for a School Lunch Helper in New York
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
How much do school cafeteria workers make in California?
In the state of California, workers in cafeterias make an average hourly wage of $17.23 dollars. 35 wages were recorded, and the most recent update was on June 22, 2022.
How much do lunch ladies make in Georgia?
In the state of Georgia, an hourly wage of $12.84 is considered to be the norm for workers in cafeterias. 66 wages were recorded, and the most recent update was on June 22, 2022.
How much do lunch ladies make in North Carolina?
What kind of salary can one expect to receive working at a cafeteria in the state of North Carolina?As of the 21st of May in the year 2022, the typical yearly salary of a Cafeteria Worker in the state of North Carolina is $15,828.In the event that you want a straightforward calculator for salaries, that comes out to around $7.61 per hour.This is the same as having $304 per week or $1,319 per month available to you.
How much do lunch ladies make in Arizona?
In the city of Phoenix, Arizona, the hourly wage for a restaurant worker averages out to be $13.48. 12 salaries were recorded, and the most recent update was on May 24, 2022. Is this of any use?
How much do school cafeteria workers make in Louisiana?
It is estimated that the hourly wage for cafeteria workers at school cafeterias in Louisiana is roughly $11.48, which is equal to the national average.
How much do lunch ladies make in Ohio?
In the state of Ohio, the hourly wage for a cafeteria worker is typically around $12.75 on average. 94 wages were recorded, and the most recent update was on June 14, 2022.
What are the duties of a food service worker?
- Among the responsibilities of a worker in the food service industry are the following: doing preparatory tasks such as washing, peeling, slicing, and chopping fruits and vegetables
- Perform tasks such as weighing and measuring the ingredients
- Putting food goods into storage, as well as wrapping, labeling, and dating them
- The places of work, the equipment, the utensils, and the service station need to be cleaned and organized
What are the skills of a food service worker?
- The Necessary Knowledge, Abilities, and Capabilities A familiarity with the processes of ordering goods, equipment, and/or services and controlling inventories
- Capacity to listen to and understand standard verbal and written instructions
- The capacity for reading and writing
- Capacity for comprehension and compliance with safety regulations
- Capability to utilize cleaning equipment and materials in a risk-free manner
What are the duties of a custodian?
- The custodian is responsible for maintaining the property and the facility in a neat and tidy manner
- Carries out chores associated with normal upkeep
- Carries out laborious cleaning responsibilities
- Cleans the floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
- A person who collects and dumps rubbish
- Cleans, disinfects, and restocks the facilities used for toilet use
- Cleans surfaces, including furniture, walls, and equipment
What is the difference between café and cafeteria?
Important Distinction: A coffee shop, often known as a café or just a cafe, is a business that serves hot beverages like coffee, tea, and other similar drinks.A cafeteria is a type of establishment that has very little to no employees and primarily self-service stations for customers to use.In major institutions such as schools and universities as well as office buildings and other types of structures, you may frequently find spaces like this.